We are still welcoming new participants!
NEW - the study will be extended beyond February 2022 to allow all participants to complete 3 blood tests & questionnaires over the study period.
We are also planning an additional time-point (more information to follow in the New Year).
When can I expect my next blood sample results? Samples are being tested the week of Nov 22, 2021 and we estimate results will take 2-4 weeks.
Samples received after this date will be sent for the next round of testing in approx. 1 month.
Please check your study Participant Portal for a collection date if you want to confirm receipt of your blood sample
(please note that samples can take 2 – 4 weeks to arrive).
When should I complete the study blood tests?
- Please provide your 1st blood sample at the time of enrollment, and 2 additional samples during the study.
If you have enrolled and not provided a sample, please do so now!
- Vaccinated? Please provide samples:
- 6-months after your first vaccine. If the 6-month date has passed, provide your second sample now.
If you provided a 6-month sample at the time you enrolled, then provide your 2nd sample at ~9 months.
- 12-months after your first vaccine.
Getting a 3rd vaccine? You are welcome to provide an extra sample just prior to the vaccine so we can measure the vaccine-related change in antibody levels
- Not vaccinated? Provide the 2nd and 3rd samples 6 and 12 months after your first blood test date.
If you haven’t completed your first blood test please do so as soon as possible.
- Need help in planning your blood test schedule? Contact your provincial study coordinator.
- If you get COVID-19 please contact your provincial study coordinator and provide an additional blood sample after you have recovered.
Please remember to complete one questionnaire with each blood test.
The questionnaires can be found in the study Participant Portal.
Unvaccinated paramedics who are currently enrolled in CORSIP and have lost their employment due to vaccine mandates are encouraged to remain in the study.
If you need to update your email address (from work to your personal) please contact your provincial study coordinator.
Please update your vaccine status (including for the third vaccine) and any COVID-19 infections in your
study Participant Portal.
This data is very important to the study results and if it remains incomplete you may be contacted by a study team member to confirm it.
Have a question? Contact your provincial study coordinator:
Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba & Ontario:
Please contact David O’Neill at CORSIP.Ontario.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Tara Martin at email@example.com